Saturday, October 13, 2012

Waiting for the Waves

The ocean waves crash outside, seagulls soar overhead, the sand stays entangled in my hair, and my muscles slightly sore from biking around the island. How refreshing it is to be experiencing, in my opinion, one of God's most beautiful creations- the Atlantic ocean. But, as I stand in the waves, small ripples splash my knees, the water swirls around me, shells under my feet poke my skin, and suddenly out of no where a huge wave comes crashing down. It knocks me backwards, I don't know which way is up- where am I?! The sand swirls in my face, my throat burns from the salt. I finally poke my head up. Another wave catches me, and under I go. I am twisted into multiple directions, I can't see anything! I feel the impact of the waves, and suddenly- all is still. The sun is shining, the gulls are squawking. I push the strings of hair back behind my ear, and make my way towards shore. The waves continue, but I am safely on the sand. I can turn back and see behind me what I was just submersed under. Soon the under toe won't be as strong, soon the waves will become smaller and less intense. But I have to have my feet steady on solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment