Sunday, October 7, 2012

"Am I laughing!?"

A phone call with an old friend this weekend reminded me that I can laugh again...that I haven't lost myself...I am still in there...my pain will not define me. But the three hours spent on the phone was so encouraging. I had forgotten what it felt like to laugh so hard that my stomach aches, aches in happiness! During that phone call, I saw a a tiny glimmer of hope...I will laugh again. I will run and not grow weary. I will gorge myself with fried chicken and I'll keep it down. I will rejoice with pure joy, I will skip like a young girl again, I will be able to look around and say "What a wonderful world!" I will one day be able to look back on this time in my life and say "The Lord was faithful. The Lord brought me through. And because of my trials, I have become a stronger woman of God, and the joy He has given me surpasses all pain I've ever experience. It was worth it". One day, I will be able to declare all of that...and what a glorious day it will be when I wake up with a whole heart again.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment