Monday, October 1, 2012

Let this life be for You, O Lord!


I recommitted my life to Christ tonight...standing on the hard floor of my dorm room here in Kingsley, I released my own spirit- I am the Lord's. I am His work. I am His testimony. I am living for Him. I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior two days before my eighth birthday and was baptized at 16 years old. I didn't know pain then. I didn't know what it meant to fully let go of everything I held dear and give it to the Lord. So, tonight, I gave it ALL to Him. This is no longer my life, but this is the Lord's. From October 1st, 2012, and on- this life will be lived for His glory. I will rejoice in trials and triumph. I will seek Him in all that do. I have decided to follow Jesus with my whole heart. Jesus has conquered my pain already, He is the God of my salvation, He is risen, He is holy and I am HIS! I may be tired and weary, but I have come before the Lord just as I am, and I am letting His mercy heal my heart. I have come to accept the fact that if it takes a broken heart full of pain to bring me closer to the Lord and the plans He has for me, then let it be. This isn't Kaitlin's life anymore. This is God's story. Let this mess be turned into something beautiful so that His name will be lifted higher....I am letting go of my life, I am trusting in His promises... And the spirit of God has filled me with joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment