Saturday, April 20, 2013

Love Already?

Is it possible to love a village of people whom I've never laid eyes on?
    I am burdened for the family that lives in the bondage of fear, knowing not the power of Jesus. I'm horrified for the little boy who works night shifts at the crematorium. I weep for the little girl whose father bought the one-way train ticket leading to a rapacious man, his bag filled with chains, lipstick, and women's high-heels. I ache for the child widow, shunned to society, forced to scavenge for food. I am burdened for the little orphans who fall sleep without a mother's hug.
     I don't even know their names, but I think of them every day. My heart longs to be in a tiny village on the other side of this planet. Currently, though, I am lounging in my dorm at 2a.m., and a research paper waits that desperately needs to be written, soon. But, I wish my feet were caked in the red, dry dirt. I wish my hands were sticky from spiced rice and dollar-store bubbles.
My babies are 10,000 miles away. I am coming, sweet ones. I am coming. But more importantly, Jesus already has. Show them your love, Father. Wrap them in your peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment