Monday, December 3, 2012

Running Free!


"I will run in the path of your commands, for You have set my heart free!"(Psalm 119:32) What a liberating verse! I will run in those paths...and I won't grow weary! My heart will be healed!
When I read this verse, I imagine myself sprinting across a field scattered with wildflowers of every color...the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, butterflies flutter away from my feet, and I throw my arms up in the air. My curls are bouncing with every step, my heart is soaring...my heart is free of the pain!!! I guess, after writing that, it kind of looks like a scene from the Sound of Music. (one of my favorites, by the way). I wonder when I will get to this point? When will I wake up with a whole heart? Every morning I wake up and I say, "This is the day the Lord has made! I will rejoice in it and be glad!" Sun or rain, I will rejoice!
Maybe one day my husband and I will run through a field of wildflowers together, with little orphans following at our heels. Haha- I don't know, I might have to force him to do that, though ;) Or perhaps we can beat on African drums together, feet red with clay, feasting on mangos and rice, holding a baby in one those slings wrapped around my back. Well, that is years away- but, I think it sounds like a nice dream to have though :)
But, what I am excited about that's not years away is flying to Belize in just 8 days! I can already taste the rice&black beans, I can smell the Belizian barbecue...I can feel the warm breeze...
The team and I had a packing party last night...if you could have just seen the room! Hundreds and hundreds of baby dolls, hair brushes, toothpaste, books, Bibles, shoes, hats, underwear...covered the floor! This will be Christmas for 660 homeless children in Belize City! Oh, oh, oh this is really happening! I am going back to the country that captivated my heart when I was just a junior in high school! The Lord is so good!
P.S.- I've been listening to this song all day as I study for my exams...I am praying the Lord will open up a door for me to serve somewhere in Africa this summer, but He keeps pointing me to another country...I still don't know where I will be this summer, but I know that it will be right where God wants me.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CG_chkskjk

No comments:

Post a Comment