Monday, December 31, 2012

Belize


      My time spent in Belize this month was an absolute blessing and treasure from the Lord. It was exactly what I needed. The morning we caught our flight, I awoke at 4 A.M and for the first time in months, and I awoke smiling. I was anticipating the day, and what a great feeling that is! When we boarded our plane, I was all smiles again. I think my cheeks hurt from smiling the whole week!
               I wrote in my journal as we flew, "God is so good! I am 21,000 feet in the air, heading back to the country and it's people that stole my heart last year. The Lord has opened the door for me to return to Belize and I couldn't be happier! I am so ridiculously blessed. I know that God will use this heartache and grief of this semester so that I can tell others of His faithfulness, consistent provision and promises, and unending love for His beloved children. I really am just a broken vessel letting God be the navigator of these sails...and the waters have been rough. Sometimes it seems that the storm will never run out of wind and rain...can these waves get any bigger?! But, the Lord reaches out His hand. "Peace! Be still." He whispers in my ear, "You need only to be still, for the Lord your God will fight for you.". Yet, I still feel like the disciples, terrified and wondering what will happen to me! "Kaitlin, trust in Me with all your heart! Do not lean on your own understanding! In all your ways, acknowledge me and I will make your paths straight."
I reply back, "God! I'm hurt! I'm scared! What's ahead of me?!"
"My dear girl! Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified! For I am with you wherever you go."
I nod my head, but shut my eyes. I don't want to see this raging see right in front of me.
"My child..open your eyes to what I have been trying to show you. I am near, do not be afraid. Just follow where I lead. I am your navigator."
"Okay, I will follow You. Where You go, I go. Where You stay, I stay. Who You love, I love."
So today I opened my eyes. I didn't look at the raging sea. I looked ahead towards the horizon. Belize is on the horizon...and precious little children wait on the shoreline, thirsting for the love of Jesus Christ. Let the adventure begin!"
          So, as this year ends, I don't want to focus on what I lost, but on what I gained in the Lord. I have decided to fill my heart with what's important, and to be done with all the rest. I promised God at the start of 2012 that the year was for Him. And it was. Let this new year bring even more glory and praise to His name. I would be writing so much more about my trip, but I am packing for Passion 2013! (Headed to the Dome!!!)
And...let the adventure of 2013 begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment