Monday, May 20, 2013

Immeasurably More

In less than 24 hours I will be boarding a plane in New Jersey bound for South Asia. Is this real life?! As I look back over my life, it becomes so evident that the Lord has been preparing me for this specific journey. This past year has been painful, wearisome, confusing and altogether exhausting. Yet, in the midst of all the chaos, the peace of the Lord was so present. During the days that my mind and heart cried for an end, the Spirit was there...gently whispering, "Wait, dear girl. Wait and see the plans I have for you. Your life has really just begun...and I am about to do immeasurably more." So I held on. I held on to that "immeasurably more" I was promised, knowing not what it could possibly contain...until today. Today, that immeasurably more consists of a plane ticket, a suitcase filled with pepto-bismal and bug spray, and a heart that is eager to love the people who will forever impact my life.
Please be in prayer for our team, for the unity, health, and safety as we travel to the villages. But, most importantly, pray for the hearts of those whom we will encounter. Pray that the Holy Spirit begins to soften their hearts, preparing them to hear of the salvation found in Christ. For the past semester, my prayer has been for the Spirit to intercede on our behalf, filling these villager's with dreams and visions of Christ, making known to them their need for a Savior, intensifying their thirst for life in abundance.
To God be the glory as we embark on this adventure...!

No comments:

Post a Comment